Policy Last Updated 4/12/21
Welcome to sitesforcongress.com, the website of Jeff Sites for Congress (“we”, “our” or “us”) owned and operated by Jeffrey A. Sites for Congress, a candidate committee for Jeffrey Sites, running for Congress in Ohio’s Fourth Congressional District.
Sites for Congress
P.O. Box 1482
Lima, OH 45801
- Which you may provide to us, such as, for example but not exclusive to, your name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, information for donations, and information you may provide when you volunteer or respond to surveys.
- The Federal Election Commission (“FEC”) requires us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to make a good faith effort to collect and disclose the name, mailing address, occupation and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per election cycle.
- Financial information connected to payments may be collected or stored by a third-party payment processor and payment is subject to their terms and policies.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
- When and where applicable, through mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us.
If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through sitesforcongress.com. You may also provide us information in user content you post to sitesforcongress.com.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party, including ActBlue, to which we link to enable donations through ActBlue for our benefit;
- Any other third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our website.
- We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of any such third parties.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, which may include visit and usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies, device information, browser information and log information, and the pages you access.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may be able to associate it with identifiable personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better user experience.
Cookies and Data Tracking
Please note that third party vendors (including Google) may use
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should review the responsible provider’s policies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you.
- Provide and deliver information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information including confirmations and invoices.
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Website;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, and other matters;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers for issues and organizations we support;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under Federal Laws
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Website;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and interests and match you with information that may be of interest to you;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use data collected or received to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of our Website; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers; and (f) enhance our Website security.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To report required information to the FEC, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Sites for Congress, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Jeffrey A. Sites for Congress, and
- To candidates, campaigns and organizations we believe are like-minded or that we believe we or you may wish to hear from.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent, which information will not be shared with any third parties, provided that the foregoing does not apply to sharing (1) with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Media Plugins and Sharing
We integrate social media application program interfaces or plug-ins (“Plug-ins”) from social networks, including Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and/or possibly other companies, into the Website. In order to register as a user with us, you may have the option to sign in using your Facebook or other social media site (“SMS”) login.
For example, when you visit our Website or platform, the plugin creates a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. This allows Facebook to receive information about your visit to our Website or platform with your IP address. If you click the Facebook “Like” button while you are logged on to your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our Website or platform to your Facebook profile. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your user account. Please note that as provider of the Website or platform, we receive no notification about the contents of the transmitted data or their use by Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign your visit to our Website or platform to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features
You may opt out of receiving updates and newsletters by email by following the instructions in those emails, and you may opt out of receiving SMS alerts by texting STOP at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Website or any donations or transactions.
We have implemented security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information under our control. However, no data transmission, processing, sharing or storage by any party can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot be responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. .
Also, remember that information you share in public areas may be viewed by others.
Individuals under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 13 should not provide any personal information on this Site. We ask that parents supervise their children while online.